Fatih Pasha Mosque was built between 1516 and 1520 by The Governor of Diyarbakir, Mehmet Pasha. This mosque, located in fatihpaşa neighborhood, is popularly known as The Leaded Mosque because of its cover cover with lead. The building plays an important role in the art history and architectural history community in the development of the mosque. As a plan, diyarbakir is completely separated from the mosques. It is estimated that the central dome is supported by four semi-domes, which inspired Mimar Sinan. In this respect, it has been the center of attention of many local and foreign researchers throughout history.
The mosque gave him an idea of the ideal central structure created by Mimar Sinan in Istanbul’s Shehzade Mosque and was a preparation for the Shehzade Mosque. The square-planned mosque is covered with the main dome and four semi-domes supporting the main dome. The last place of the congregation was covered with seven domes carried by eight columns and the façade was animated. The building continues the tradition of the tabhaneli mosque with its square planned room applications added to the northeast and northwest corners. Right next to the mosque is the tomb of Mehmet Pasha, the conqueror of Ottoman-era Diyarbakir, and the tomb of Ozdemiroglu Osman Pasha, the ottoman governor of Diyarbakir.