Ali Pasha Mosque is located in a building community in alipaşa neighborhood between Mardin Gate and Urfa Gate. It was built between 1534 and 1537 by The Governor of Diyarbakir, Eunuch Ali Pasha. The building is mentioned as the work of Mimar Sinan in Tuhfetül Mi’marin, where the works of Mimar Sinan are compiled. It is a complex worth seeing with its tiles, madrasah, chanting place, bath and mosque belonging to The Torch.
The mosque has a square plan and the place of worship is covered with a dome. The dome is seated on an octagonal, high pulley from the outside and covered with a pyramidal roof. The interior walls of the mosque are covered with blue hexagonal tiles up to a certain height. The form reflecting Ottoman architecture and the 16th century ottoman architecture. With its most prestigious tiles of the 20th century, the mosque has been the center of attention of local and foreign people.