The Nebii Mosque, popularly known as the Prophet’s Mosque, is a monument from the Akkoyunlu period and is a 15th-century mosque. It is a single-domed mosque with a square plan dating back to the 19th century. The butcher is registered in the name of Haji Hussein Foundation. In 1530, Haji Hussein, the butcher, built the minaret and the Hanifian section. Since the hadiths of The Prophet Muhammad were transported in the inscription of the minaret with the expression “kale’n nabi”, the mosque became known among the people as Nabi Mosque, Prophet Mosque, Jâmiu’n-Nabi. The minaret was moved to its present location while it was close to the façade of the collapsed Shafiler section.
It is a monument of Akkoyunlu period worth seeing with the hadiths in its square-bodied minaret and the harmony created by the use of white-black stone in shifts.
The building was built in three buildings, the Shafiler section, the Hanefi part and the madrasah, spread over a very large area. It was destroyed in 1955 in the expansion of Gazi Street, and today there is a part of the Shafiler section and the madrasah. Evliya Çelebi, who came to the city in the 16th century, said of the Nebi Mosque; “It is an old mosque near the Mountain Gate. He’s very spirited and the domes are mixed. It’s leaded to the head. It has a minaret on four corners. On one side is the Sharati Mosque. The altar and pulpit, the muezzins are very artful. The pool and fountain in the courtyard are artful. His congregation is many. They call it the Prophet’s Mosque because he dreamed of his maker’s Prophet and did it with his teaching.”